The beauty community has been blowing up over the new Makeup Forever Ultra HD Stick Foundation and Concealers that have launched a few months ago. The exciting news is that as yesterday, they are now available in Australia!!!
I have been DYING to get my hands on these since the hype started and when I got the message that they were now available at PM Studios, I literally rushed straight there to check them out.
I filmed a first impressions/review which you can see here:
Lets talk about the stick foundation first…
I was a bit sceptical about this foundation at first, but after trying it – I was pleasantly surprised. I think it worked well with my dry/combo skin. I will continue to play around the primer and perhaps try my regular mattifying one to see if that helps my oily nose.
– Creamy formulation makes for easy application, the foundation just glides on.
– Beautiful dewy/glowy finish, good for dry/combination skin
– Amazing coverage – certainly buildable.
– Completely weightless feel on the skin despite the full coverage look
– Smaller Colour range of only 15 shades. Whilst this is still more than any brand you will get from a chemist, for MUFE, it’s pretty small
– The stick application makes it not 100% hygienic – just keep in mind if you have blemishes to apply with a brush or use a spatula so you don’t spread bacteria across your face.
– I would be careful if you are very oily, I am not so I can’t guarantee anything, but I do feel that incredibly oily people won’t agree with this one.
The Ultra HD Stick Foundation is available at PM Studios for $64.
Now onto the concealer…
This is the stand out product here, the formulation is thin but the high pigmentation means great coverage. Because you only need the smallest amount there is less chance of creasing under the eyes. I found it to be brightening under the eyes, kept my eye area hydrated and lasted all day with no creasing. I find it hard to come up with a bad thing to say about it
– Highly pigmented, non drying, thin formulation – A little goes a long way
– Weightless feel
– Non creasing formulation
– Both red and yellow tones for brightening or colour correcting
– limited to only 10 shades
– If you use too much product, I feel that it might have the possibility to crease. (not really a con, more of a warning maybe)
The Ultra HD Concealers are available from PM Studios for $48
I can really recommend the concealers and think that if you get a chance, you should give them a try. The foundation stick is one of the best fuller coverage foundations I have tried – if that’s what you like then they are well worth looking at also.
What is your favourite full coverage foundation? Leave a comment below and let me know.