The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is one of those cult products out there at the moment.
Every brand seems to be bringing out some variation of this palette these days, but I think this is the palette that kicked off the trend.
This palette comes pre-made with these 6 shades, but you can buy individual refills and in different shades to totally customise this palette for your own individual skin tones.
In the top ‘highlight’ row there are 3 shades, the first 2 being matte and the third a soft shimmer.
The bottom row, designed for contouring and bronzing, has 3 matte brown shades. The first two are slightly more cooler than the third, but the third is a great bronzing shade.
Here are some swatches of the colours:
At the beginning I wasn’t too sure if I would be able to get use out of all these shades, but surprisingly I can on my deeper skin tone.
You can watch more of what I think here:
– Customizable (to a point) – makes creating the perfect palette for you easy
– Contour shades are the perfect depth of cool shade
– Offers both matte and shimmer highlight
– The perfect amount of pigmentation for highlighting and contouring
– Shades blend really easily
– Touching on first point of the ‘pros’ list, perhaps offering it as a ‘light’ ‘medium’ or ‘dark’ shade range it will mean less need to change shadows around. It’s great that you can, but you need to buy the palette first and then buy more to swap out. You can customise from the very beginning, but might be harder to do that online without actually having a chance to see what the shades are like in person.
You can get the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit from Lipstick Republic (‘Glossyconfidential’ 10% off discount code), Sephora US (not sure when Australian Sephora will be getting it), Beauty Bay and the Anastasia Beverly Hills website.
Have you tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit or do you have it on your ‘Wish List’?